All 139 art Reviews

Jack's corrupted conscience Jack's corrupted conscience

Sickkk, awesome details and the teeth are wicked haha. Would love to see this thing animated.

Blue baby Blue baby

Pretty good! Dig the wing texture you made with the paint strokes, definitely the best part. I'd just work on anatomy and upping the contrast in shading. The wings don't really connect evenly with the back and the blue baby definitely needs better shadows and highlight to really make him pop.

Otherwise, that's a pretty badass painting homie.

AlixBalica responds:

Yeah I agree, overall editing with MyPaint is plain out impossible since there are no selection tools like in other paint programs. Though I do need to work with my shading and lighting techniques, I've neglected them and my stubborn ass refuses to look for references fhksdajlfhkasdj
Thank you for your feedback bro! <3

B O R T B O R T

beautiful simpson boy have many cow

Horizon Horizon

Dang that looks sweet as hell, especially since galaxies are deceptively hard to paint. I know from experience haha. Love the glow-y effect in the middle, nice touch. I guess I'd just add a little more variety in color, like more reds in the mix. Still amazing though.

Diverart responds:

wow, thanks for the feedback!!

Chance Chance

Pretty dope, I'm a fan myself! The cartoon style is pretty cool and fitting, as were the colors of the background. The anatomy needs work though. The arm pointing seems a little fucked up, like it's bending weirdly. As is his oddly shaped hand and pinky finger. The colors and shading on Chance could use some work too. Seems overly saturated at certain points and the shading, especially on his face, is too dramatic and doesn't match the rest of him. Just work on those three things for next time.

kristinamartinartin responds:

I do agree about the arm. Looking at it a second time. Since this was a warm up, I was trying to be looser for practice. I tend to be too much in control and I want to be looser with my style and The arm was a result of that. Honestly, The hand isn't that bad. The pinky was foreshortened in the picture, which I'm not the best at foreshortening either. However I would disagree on the shading. I went to your page to see what your art is all about and I notice you get comments on your subtle shading style and honestly, I think thats just it. We have different styles of shading. I prefer dramatic, and you prefer subtle which are both great I think. :)

bahhhhhhh bahhhhhhh

bad

The shades were good but the drawing is bad.

MisterLevon responds:

why do you still exist

Dwayne The Rock Johnson Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Look at those beautiful dick-sucking lips.

As far as a caricature goes, you did really well on the drawing part. I knew that face as soon as I saw it smiling at me from the icon, which is a really good sign. I'd simply improve on your shading. It seems very dramatic on places were perhaps the shadows would be lighter. It creates a more plastic-y look because human skin does not naturally reflect light so intensely. The highlights are great though, they helped make up for that. But the teeth also need work, they're not shaded properly at all. Lastly, I would've maybe picked a different font but that's just personal preference.

Good work dude, just work on your shading!

In a Bag In a Bag

I love it, especially the way you painted it. Just wish you drew more!

You pumped for their new album about to drop btw? Jamie Hewlett's got like a new art style for the characters and everything. I'd check out the little books they made for all the characters if you haven't already. Shit's pretty cool.

Mataknight responds:

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for their new album.

I've checked out their "Book of-" series and I love it.
My favorite's probably 2D.
It's funny just seeing this man successfully survive.....with no survival skills. :P

Thrust Dancing Mouse Animated Gif Thrust Dancing Mouse Animated Gif

I enjoy how fluid the gif is and your art style, I also like how you added a shadow below the mouse. I really suggest you don't make the head and feet 100% stiff next time you did something like this. I know it's a cartoon, but it would look a lot better if the rest of him was effected by the motion he was creating. Adding a little bounce in his feet and head would really make the motion seem more natural and lifelike. I also feel that the arms jump a little too quickly. Lastly, I'd work on your line quality. The lines are a bit rough looking. This would look a lot better if the lines and color were smoother and less pixelated.

critterfitz responds:

thanks, i hate but also like flash because of how easy it is to animate on it, but for me i find it's hard to make the lines look good on flash. (arms do jump from one end to the next, a mistake i didnt notice until i finished it) XD thanks for the feedback

Juice + Jam Juice + Jam

Hey, not sure why this is rated so low, this is really good. You got good line quality, dynamicy, it's well composed and the text is well made. I like the colors too, but I wouldn't have picked the gold background though and maybe tried to coordinate the colors more to the darker blues and purples that Pan balances with the yellows as well. I dig the animation too, but the fading transitions seem a little odd. I'd just tweak the design to better suit the cool idea you got if you were to continue these kinds of pieces in the future. Good work, my dude, no idea why the rating ain't higher.